We are a community interest company based in West Oxfordshire bringing together cycle training, maintenance, campaigning and culture.
Our vision is to make the bike the vehicle of choice for short journeys in and around Witney, resulting in better health and well-being, a stronger community and a cleaner environment.
Our aims are to develop and grow our Bikeability cycle training work in schools and for individuals; to set up a community space for bike maintenance, training and information; and to campaign on active travel.
- Increase levels of bike use and ownership in and around Witney
- Enable disadvantaged people to participate in cycling and develop bike maintenance skills
- Ensure that the modal shift to active travel is enacted through all local policies and developments
- Reduce the number of bikes going to landfill
- Bikeability cycle training in primary and secondary schools
- Open workshop space where people can use tools and get advice from trained mechanics
- Specifc workshop sessions for women, young people, and other groups
- Build-a-bike courses for students from secondary schools
- Earn-a-bike scheme for vulnerable/homeless people (participants build a bike over a 4 week course and take it away at the end along with a lock and lights)
- Therapeutic cycle rides (for people with health issues including depression and victims of domestic violence)
- Activity rides (social rides to improve confidence and activity levels)
- Information – bike routes around Witney, campaigns, other bike related activities in Witney, car share or car clubs, sustainability, climate change etc.